Fabric and thread are more than just the tools of our trade. They’re our passion.
Our dedicated staff is ready to make the personalized quilt you’ve been dreaming about.
Our quilting services include:
Edge-to-edge quilting by the pros!
1000s of patterns to choose from
Binding and finishing services available
As you can imagine, the proper preparation and exact specifications are necessary to build your quilt exactly as you’d like it.
Proper Quilt Preparation will save us time and your money. By following the preparation steps below, you can avoid time delays and add-on charges.
- Press your quilt top and backing thoroughly.
- If you pre-wash your fabrics, pre-wash all of them.
- Clip all loose threads from the back and front of the quilt top.
- Square up backing fabric.
- Size your backing and batting a minimum of 3” larger than your quilt top on all four sides.
- Do not baste, pin, or tack your quilt together. Simply fold each piece.
- Be sure to remove all selvages when seaming your backing.
Be aware that fullness and puckers, which have been pieced in, cannot be quilted out.
Avoid handling your quilt by the borders once they have been attached. This can stretch them and cause them to become loose and wavy.
Cut your straight borders from the length of the grain (parallel to the selvage). This direction will make them lay much flatter than those cut cross-grained.
We are happy to do the finishing touches by binding your quilt for you.